THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know
the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be
happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success."
- Louisa May Alcott
Care more than others think is wise, risk more than
others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical,
expect more than others think is possible. - Anonymous
"Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But
the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be
made except by a steady, long continued process." - Phillips Brooks

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Blogging?

My how things change.  A few months back I knew virtually nothing about blogging and now I'm hooked.  Oh sure, I had heard of it and knew it was a web log or journal or diary written by anyone who wanted to do one and read by anyone who wanted to take the time to do so.  I just couldn't figure out why the average person would want to do that. 

I figured it was more for people who wanted to voice their opinion on issues of the day, or politics, or for writers or businesses, etc.  I found it kind of odd that people would write about their day to day lives and even odder that someone who didn't know that person would want to read it.  What I didn't realize was how interactive it can be and how much I would enjoy "getting to know" people through their written words. 

There are so many different types of blogs and the serious and informative ones are certainly important and have their place, but the ones that I have come to enjoy the most are the ones written by everyday people who have a gift for telling stories of everyday life in such a way as to make you laugh, or nod in agreement or feel emotion of some kind because it's stuff you can relate to.  I've never been much of a writer, but I have thoroughly enjoyed setting up my page and learning lots of new stuff in the process and meeting lots of great people.  The bonus is it's making me write.  Because how can you have a blog and not write?

1 comment:

bwmson said...

Hey, you are one of my favs....for what that's worth :>)

Google
 
Web SomedayQuilter.blogspot.com