THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know
the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be
happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success."
- Louisa May Alcott
Care more than others think is wise, risk more than
others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical,
expect more than others think is possible. - Anonymous
"Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But
the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be
made except by a steady, long continued process." - Phillips Brooks

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Miss Kitty is happy

D and K arrived home on Friday. Miss Kitty was hiding under the bed, but after a bit D managed to coax her out. Miss Kitty wanted D to pet her, then she wanted out, then she wanted back in to be petted, then she wanted out and so it went, back and forth. I think she just wanted to make sure the door still worked. ;-) On Saturday they took Big Bear and I out for a very nice dinner as a thank you for taking care of their place while they were gone.

We've had a very laid back weekend. Did a little bit of yard and garden stuff on Sunday afternoon. Gave the neighbor some tomatoes and they in turn gave us some apples (hopefully I'll get around to making a pie with them). Today Big Bear put new air filters on both vehicles and even washed them! I did some painting - I'm trying out some prospective house colors on the shed. I figured that painting the new shed with the colors I had picked out was a good way to make sure I liked them before buying enough to do the whole house. I'm happy with the blue (medium grayish blue) that I picked for the siding and the white for the trim, but am not happy with the color I picked for the doors. I wanted a burgandy and that's what it looked like on a small chip, but it's way to violet/magenta. Luckily I painted a bench on the patio first to try it out when I saw how magenta it was. Even though it darkened a lot once it was dry it's still not the color I was after. I'm going to have the store add some more black and brown to it and see if that does the trick.

Tomorrow I'm going over to a friends to help her tie some baby quilts that she donates to a hospital. Maybe I can actually remember to take the paint with me and get the color corrected.

No comments:

Google
 
Web SomedayQuilter.blogspot.com