THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know
the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be
happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success."
- Louisa May Alcott
Care more than others think is wise, risk more than
others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical,
expect more than others think is possible. - Anonymous
"Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But
the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be
made except by a steady, long continued process." - Phillips Brooks

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Friends

On Tuesday I took D (best friend) to the hospital for foot surgery. She expected me to just drop her off as her husband would be picking her up later in the day. As we parked I turned off the engine and as she's saying "You don't have to go with me", I look at her and say "You think I'm going to drop my best friend off for surgery and then head home? NO WAY! What if I get home and then find out later" (at this point my brain puts the brakes on my mouth as I quickly realize I don't want to say 'you died' and make her even more apprehensive) and instead said the more general phrase "something happened." Oh well, at least she knows me and my mouth well. She was relieved to have me there as she is very, very nervous about stuff like this. Neither of us is good at waiting around if we have nothing to do, so she had her Sudoku book, I had my crochet and between that and conversation the hours of waiting weren't so bad. The surgery took less then an hour, but there was 3 1/2 hours ahead of it (questions and prep) and then a couple of hours after for recovery. Everything went really well and she'll have the other foot done in a month.

No comments:

Google
 
Web SomedayQuilter.blogspot.com