THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know
the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be
happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success."
- Louisa May Alcott
Care more than others think is wise, risk more than
others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical,
expect more than others think is possible. - Anonymous
"Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But
the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be
made except by a steady, long continued process." - Phillips Brooks

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Off for the weekend

May 19 - We've had a beautiful, sunny week here in Oregon and I love it. I finished planting the garden, but still have lots of flowers to plant (I've been a bit of a slow poke getting it done). Son's dogs now expect a visit to my house to be a daily occurance. They're getting used to the new surroundings and have calmed down a lot. They probably view it as an outing to their own private park/playground. Ranger was already named when son adopted him from a shelter, but I think they should rename him digger. Take a look at the pictures of him in the wading pool. He loves playing in the water and hops in and out of it, but what's so funny to watch is how he plays in it. He DIGS and the water goes flying out behind him. Within a fairly short time he has the pool nearly empty!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Big Bear and I are taking off this afternoon for a weekend in the Redmond/Sisters area. Some long time friends moved there last year and built a house with room for guests. It's about a 3 hour drive and I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time. It will be good to see them again and have a fun weekend with no yardwork calling. BUT, what am I going to do about the withdrawal symptoms when I have no computer and can't blog? Luckily I tend to live in the present and am responsive to my environment so I think I'll survive.

No comments:

Google
 
Web SomedayQuilter.blogspot.com