THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know
the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be
happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success."
- Louisa May Alcott
Care more than others think is wise, risk more than
others think is safe, dream more than others think is practical,
expect more than others think is possible. - Anonymous
"Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But
the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be
made except by a steady, long continued process." - Phillips Brooks

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Garden Update

Yesterday and today I spent some time in the garden weeding and watering and admiring the growth and the greeness of it all. It's just a small salad garden, but I enjoy it and it gets me outside in the sunshine. I'm not much of an outdoorsy type and limited in my gardening skills, but enjoy the planting and watching it grow. I'd just as soon sit at the computer, watch TV or read a book and yet I really do enjoy being out in the sun. Plus I'm using the increased sunlight (now that summer is here) to cut back on my anti-depressant in hopes of eliminating it at some point especially now that my thyroid level is being kept higher.

Now to make you all green with envy - I'm off to the beach tomorrow! Big Bear and I will be meeting his cousin & wife at a little cabin in Rockaway for two days. We've always enjoyed their company and a few years ago we started doing a yearly weekend at the beach just to keep in touch. Several years back as all of our parents were dying one by one, we decided we'd like to see each other sometime other than just funerals so we arranged to meet at the beach one year and it became a yearly tradition, a way to keep some family ties. The cabin is right on the beach with large windows looking out at the ocean. I love going there. I'll take some pictures. :o)

No comments:

Google
 
Web SomedayQuilter.blogspot.com